Lots of content and ideas in this weeks newsletter and a big welcome to all my new comers, I hope you enjoy the classes & have familiarised yourself around the website. Any questions you may have please don’t hesitate to contact me.
First and foremost classes are running as usual this week apart from the bank holiday Monday.
Tomorrows bootcamp class, although not as warm as hoped, will be outside as planned in Whyteleafe Park. No rain forecast and as predictions come in for the summer, the outlook it’s looking like another hot one. If you’ve not yet tried the bootcamp style class then do come along. I know some of you are put off by the hills but this year I’m giving plenty of options to suit you all. I can’t stress enough how amazing it feels to exercise in the open air and the change in the style of training will not only keep you focused but will shake things up & you will, I promise benefit from a different style of training for a few months. SO COME GIVE IT A GO. See you at 8.15 for an 8.30 start.
Kick Start Super Summer Prep
Starting Monday 13 May is the new 4 week online programme. Daily nutritional instructions, recipe ideas, mini online workouts, plus daily coaching with me via a private group. Addressing food, exercise and other health topics and BIG ROCKS that affect our results.
Week 1 will be an elimination week where we will be discussing gut health and ways to heal the gut in order to get rapid fat loss results. Over the 4 weeks there will be other health talks which will help you understand how to improve your diet, mindset & sustain & healthy 5:2 approach.
After week 1 we will be taking a 5:2 approach, no demonising foods & learning what works for you as an individual
So…… If you’re not yet signed up check out the details on the website & email me with any questions.
With that in mind I thought, well lets give you a little snippet of what the programme entails:
How much do you know about gut health ?
Did you know a happy gut doesn’t just benefit your body but is totally linked to your mental cognition too ?
The gut is made up of microbes that affect your physiology & keep your body and brain functioning so the wrong internal mix can lead to all sorts of problems later on in life.
Your gut bacteria produce neurotransmitters that can affect your mood – your gut nervous system communicates with the brain so in other words the wellness of both your body and brain are highly dependent on your gut health.
We need to be fuelling our bodies with good nutrition to ensure we create ‘good gut bugs’ which will help digest and absorb nutrients & fight off the bad bacteria. Spending a period of time cleansing the gut and re-fuelling with good clean nutritious foods goes a long way to not only weightloss, but more importantly sustaining a healthy immune system.
Bone broth is said to be a great gut healing recipe so here’s one for you to try. Would love to hear your opinion on this one…….
Homemade Bone Broth Recipe
Serves 4 to 6
- Bones from 1 organic rotisserie chicken
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 to 12 cups water
- Place all your ingredients in your Instant Pot, making sure everything is submerged in the water (it’s OK if some of the bones are sticking out) and taking care not to go over the maximum fill line for your model.
- Close the lid and move the valve to sealing. Use the pressure button to set your Instant Pot to high pressure. Hit manual and use the plus and minus buttons to reach 45 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, move the valve to venting to quickly release the pressure.
- Remove and discard the bones and bay leaves. Using either an immersion blender or high-quality blender and working in batches, blend the vegetables and liquid, being careful of the hot soup.
- Eat this soup within 2 to 3 days or freeze it for up to 6 months. This can be consumed plain or used as a base for all of my soups.
So, if you’re ready to cleanse the gut, get your nutrition back on track & lean more about gut health join me on the next programme.
I’ll leave you this week with a mini workout. Another part of the next programme, I’ve just recorded a short series of Tabata workouts. These are ideal if short on time and although only anywhere from 5-15 minutes long these workouts ignite your metabolic system into fat burning mode.
Give it a go and have a fab weekend everyone.